Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Kidnapping

http://www.kitv.com/story/34942263/3-cha...g-incident

HILO, Hawaii -
Three people have been charged in connection with a kidnapping incident in Upper Puna earlier this week, according to Big Island police.

On Monday, officers went to the Hilo Medical Center where a 25-year-old woman reported that she and her three children -- ages 4, 6 and 8 -- were held against their will for several days in a shed at a Mountain View residence. They were able to escape to another residence where medics were called and they were taken to the hospital.

The woman identified her estranged boyfriend and father of her children as well as a man and a woman as the suspects in this case. The victims were treated and released for minor injuries from the ordeal.

Israel Allen Chapson, 30, was charged with four counts of kidnapping, two counts of third degree promoting a dangerous drug, one count of prohibited acts related to drug paraphernalia and one count of third degree promoting a detrimental drug. Bail was set at $251,000.

Chevy Iaukea and Joseph Soares, both 29, were charged with four counts of kidnapping. Bail was set at $200,000.

Police ask anyone with any information about this case to call the Police Department’s non-emergency line at 935-3311.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call the islandwide Crime Stoppers number at 961-8300 and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.
Why does this case smell so bad? There is so much more we don't know.
She had 3 kids with him and never married, prolly for welfare benefits. Bad boys, bad boys what ya gonna do?
also be on the lookout for this idiotkook that stole car from German visitor with threat of nailgun... he hangs in Pahoa Black Sands Sub area...
29-year-old Mason D. Beck 5-11 225 lbs
picture in link
http://khon2.com/2017/03/17/man-wanted-f...a-robbery/

~~~

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Thanks B-Head, I think that story deserves it's own thread. So here it is - http://www.punaweb.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23343
Alleged kidnapper breaks down in court

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...down-court

By JOHN BURNETT Hawaii Tribune-Herald
A 30-year-old Mountain View man accused of holding his estranged 25-year-old girlfriend and the couple’s three children against their will for five days in a Mountain View shack had an emotional breakdown in his initial appearance Friday in Hilo District Court.

Israel Allen Chapson turned to an older woman in the courtroom gallery and wailed, “You know I would never put my hands on them! Why would you say that? You know I would never do that!”

The woman left abruptly as Chapson was returned to the courthouse cellblock by sheriff’s deputies.

Chapson is charged with four counts of kidnapping, two counts each of felony domestic abuse and third-degree promotion of a dangerous drug, and one count each of marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia.

Judge Peter Bresciani ordered Chapson and co-defendants Chevy Iaukea, also known as Chevy Torres, and Joseph Soares, to return at 2 p.m. Tuesday for a preliminary hearing.

Iaukea and Soares, both 29 of Mountain View, are charged with four counts of accessory to kidnapping.

All of the kidnapping and accessory charges are Class A felonies punishable by up to 20 years imprisonment upon conviction.

According to court documents filed by police, the woman reported Chapson dragged her by her hair and shirt, causing pain to her neck, and “tapped” her on her temple with a hammer, also causing pain. She said the violence took place in front of the couple’s sons, ages 8 and 6, and their 3-year-old daughter.

The older boy reportedly told police Chapson hit him in the chest and struck his back with a belt.

Both boys said they were given only minimal food and water and thought they’d die if they hadn’t made their escape after five days of confinement.

Court documents indicate Soares and Iaukea guarded the door of the shack, and the woman asked them to let her and her children go. Soares reportedly told her, “No! Bitches should obey their men. If not, they get cracks.” Iaukea allegedly told the woman she was afraid of getting in trouble if Iaukea let them go.

Melody Parker, Chapson’s court-appointed attorney, argued there was insufficient evidence to charge two of the kidnapping counts as Class A felonies. The judge let the charges stand, but reduced Chapson’s bail from $251,000 to $150,000.

“These are very serious charges, and there are a lot of them. At the same time, I’m aware of what bail on a murder charge would be, and this is not murder,” Bresciani said.

The judge also reduced Soares’ bail from $200,000 to $150,000.

Iaukea’s bail remains at $200,000, but the judge ordered a bail study be done.

None of the suspects have prior felony convictions, documents state.

Bresciani ordered the defendants to have no contact with the alleged victims if they do post bail.

“When I say no contact, there’s a period at the end of that sentence,” the judge told Chapson. “And you don’t know anyone who’s more serious about enforcing that than I am. You understand that?”

“Yes, sir,” Chapson replied, tearfully.

“Mr. Chapson, I’ve reduced your bail somewhat. But the only reason I’m not raising your bail is the idea that you’re not going to have any contact with any of these people. OK? And if you do have contact with any of these people, the prosecutor will file a motion to revoke your bail. If I’m the judge, and they prove that, your bail will be long gone. Do you understand that?”

“Yes, sir.”