Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H-130 road closure at HPP - May 14th
For any late-night drivers, just got this via Nixle:

"Road closure Hwy 130 between Shower & Kaloli Dr, due to traffic crash, bypass down Shower/Kaloli or up Pohaku, expect 3-hrs"

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5954753/?sub_id=344108
http://khon2.com/2017/05/15/man-found-de...dise-park/
This is just so sad. I really feel for the hero who tried to save the person in the burning pickup. I hope he's offered help because this will live with him for the rest of his life.

http://www.kitv.com/story/35436473/good-...ning-truck
Seems like there were cop cars in the same area this evening (Mon) ???
I really feel for the hero

It sounds like he tried his best. He let the accident victim know someone wanted to help. Even if he couldn't reach through the flames he was a friendly and comforting voice in the dark.

So often it's the careless or inattentive drivers that capture our attention on Highway 130 or Highway 11. It's good to be reminded there are heroes traveling in front of and behind us on Puna's roads too.

It... lends weight to Goethe's felicitous description of architecture as 'frozen music.' ... Does this, I often wonder, make music 'defrosted architecture?' Listening to Bach's Goldberg variations as I often do on walks when motorway noise and other auditory intrusions preclude the music of silence, it strikes me that it might. - Pub Walks in Underhill Country, Nat Segnit
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I don't understand how the driver of a small sedan could have exited and run up the hill in one piece considering the amount of damage.

But so often it is the drunk driver that comes out without a scratch. Maybe because he is so "relaxed."

I saw on Hawaii News Now an interview with a witness who estimated the guy was going 80 or so in the shoulder lane, passing everyone else.

1 island 2 another
a witness who estimated the guy was going 80 or so in the shoulder lane

Hopefully his bail is high enough that he won't be going anywhere at any speed for awhile.

It... lends weight to Goethe's felicitous description of architecture as 'frozen music.' ... Does this, I often wonder, make music 'defrosted architecture?' Listening to Bach's Goldberg variations as I often do on walks when motorway noise and other auditory intrusions preclude the music of silence, it strikes me that it might. - Pub Walks in Underhill Country, Nat Segnit
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I keep thinking about how this fool put other people's lives at risk, esp. after being cited time and again for speeding. Some lessons are never learned, and the rest of us pay for it. My heart goes out to the victim and their family.
Part of the blame goes to lax enforcement of laws already in place. I think if you're caught drinking and driving for the second time, you should lose your license and the vehicle should be crushed.
Puna: Our roosters crow first