Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any places that sell sole? (The fish)
Subject says it all, really. After a chat this evening about cooking fish, I wanted to try an old sole recipe I love (crab wrapped in sole), but have no idea where to find the fish. Years ago, Safeway used to sell it but haven't seen it there for ages. Any suggestions?

I don't think it lives in the waters here (please feel free to correct me) so know I may have to deal with the frozen version, but am not too concerned about that. I'd just like to try the recipe again! Thanks. Puns are acceptable, no problem if you plaice them here.
A lot of seafood is mislabeled anyway, perhaps look for alternative locally available species that have the same taste/texture? They say that 'everything tastes like chicken'. There must be something that will soothe your soul.
Maybe flounder?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Thanks, glad it's not my sole option. Any other ideas? Let minnow.
Look for halibut.. but black cod might work too. They are both (white meat ) fish. KTA carries one or the other.
I bought some Dover sole at Safeway 2 weeks ago. Real sole, not a knockoff.

Mahalo!
Mahalo!
Thanks, keaau mary! I haven't seen any there for ages but I also tend to shop there quite late in the day, so maybe its soled out by the time I arrive. I'll keep checking.