Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safeway $5.00 Friday is now Wed-Fri.
Nothing in writing yet... but I asked the employees at Safeway and they said that it's permanent. Trying to relieve the Friday congestion inside that store no doubt. One thing I did notice though on Friday....a lot of the $5.00 specials were already sold out. Yes you can get a rain check...but it could be weeks before that item is back in stock. Wondering if this expansion of $5.00 Friday will just change the congestion time from Friday's to Wednesday's?
Wednesdays already tend to be busy because it's the first day the weekly newspaper ad and Just4U specials become available. With the exception of a few Lucerne processed dairy products, I rarely buy anything at Safeway that isn't heavily marked down. Prices are ridiculous otherwise. I will continue to go in Wednesdays because that's when I do my other Hilo shopping.
With 20 or so stores in hawaii state.. I'm surprised they don't have a distribution warehouse in state to keep the out of stocks down. In alaska groceries came from Seattle and dairy from Auburn WA... but there is a distribution warehouse in Anchorage that feeds the stores.

Here it seems when you need safeway the most... they fail to deliver.
when you need safeway the most... they fail to deliver

It's not just Safeway...
I have rarely ask for a rain check at kta shop local most thing are cheaper than safeway vegs are a lot cheaper and fresher.

jrw
jrw