Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affordable tooth cleaning for seniors?
Now that I'm retired (70 years old), and now without dental insurance, I can no longer afford my longtime Hilo dentist's charges for routine cleaning. He is not giving me any cash payment and/or senior discount. Is there any place, preferably in the Pahoa area, where I can get affordable cleaning?
Not Pahoa, but Bay Clinic in Hilo has sliding scale rates.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
The Keaau Bay Clinic has sliding scale rates too.
Keaau is hilo bay... same in Hilo. They don't have the best dentists but...

They have a dentist in Pahoa? What about the dentist van that drive around town? What do they charge for a teeth cleaning? Might wanna look into it.
Takata Dental in Hilo gives senior discounts. I'm happy with them, and I have no dental insurance.
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Bay Clinic in Hilo has sliding scale rates.
And a horrible reputation for being seriously dysfunctional, and criminally negligent. Use their services at your own risk and with extreme caution.
I have a different opinion of Bay Clinic. I've known them to save loved ones lives.

I went to the Keaau clinic to have a tooth extracted. No appointment.
30 minute wait and the dentist did it quick and easy.

I was quite happy. Good experience.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I have heard mostly good reports about Keaau Clinic, but really Rob, tooth extracted = good experience? Perhaps you are overselling it a wee bit?
Thanks for the feedback. I really only need a dental hygienist for the cleaning. But I guess all of them only work in dental offices. I'll check out the recommendations. Aloha!
My experiences at Keaau Bay Clinic have all been good. Their routine cleaning isn't as extensive as I've had elsewhere, but then again this is a sliding scale clinic.