Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind Advisory Sustained 30 mph Sunday 10/15
Let's hope they are wrong, but there is a Wind Advisory posted by NOAA:

WINDS...Sustained northeast to east winds near 30 mph, with
gusts near 50 mph. ( 10 am to 8 pm 10/15)

For Puna, that likely means multiple downed albizias and power outages. Fill your bathtub!

Link:
http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=HIZ025&warncounty=HIC001&firewxzone=HIZ025&local_place1=Pahoa%20HI&product1=Wind+Advisory&lat=19.4987&lon=-154.949#.WeOU3hNSzo0
If only HellCo would kill the Albizia instead of just trimming it!
A good problem can keep on giving for years. A solved problem only pays out once.
Understood this dichotomy for years, even watched it in action on a few occasions. Still frustrating though!
The air is still in Orchidland. Have had some epic rain showers but no wind.
Give a man a tree to cut down, and he'll cut the tree once, that day.
Teach a man how to submit a bid for a county contract, and he'll trim trees little by little, for a lifetime.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Utility companies like HELCO are guaranteed a profit, after expending cash on "emergency expenses". They get expenses plus the PUC guaranteed profit percentage. Iselle was a great profit maker for HELCO as a result. There is no incentive to do normal tree maintenance.
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Give a man a tree to cut down, and he'll cut the tree once, that day.

Hmmm. In my experience you can cut down a tree and it will spring back as a five-headed hydra---sometimes even after poisoning it.

But you point is well taken.

No wind to speak of in Opihikoa...

Cheers,
Kirt
HOTPE, Mahalo for classic post - as others following have noted, this is true -- for me, entertaining as well

-dwajs
-dwajs