Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
110v Clothes Dryer
The amazon reviews of the 110v dryers are generally favorable.

There are gizmos you can buy where you plug two 110v cords (from different circuits obviously, so usually from different rooms) into it and it runs 220v appliances. Here's a model that will run:

"If your 220v appliance uses up to 20A continuous (roughly 4600W-4800W), you can use a 20A Quick220 converter, available in straight plug or locking plug configurations."

https://www.quick220.com/blog/quick-220-...converter/

Most 220v dryers are 30A, I don't know if you can find a 20A model in this country. Who knows, maybe there is a gizmo that you can plug into 3 circuits and run anything you want. Not that I would expect full sun plus batteries to keep up.
from different circuits obviously

Less obvious: you need two 110V circuits that are 180 degrees out of phase; off-grid systems are usually (but not always) a single phase.

"Do you have metal poles to support the clothesline? Are they tall enough and well grounded, to attract a lightning bolt for the high voltage "instant dry" setting?"

I've tried this method. Actually, twice, although I didn't use metal poles, just part of the upper lanai made of wood. The drying capacity of a lightning bolt is without comparison; I never had drier clothes. The downside was that they were not easy to wear the next day (after they had stopped giving off smoke, obviously).

The unfortunate consequence of using this technique is if you have any other electrical equipment nearby, it might give off a little smoke as well. So when I set my alarm to remind me to bring in the laundry, it no longer worked. Which was OK. Who wants an app that tells you it's time to bring in charred clothes?

I will add that lightning energy is absolutely free and you don't have to sign up for it. It's just intermittent service. Maybe this is something the county council can fix after they sorted out world peace.