Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
110v Clothes Dryer
OK, who's got some real world experience using a 110v dryer here in Puna. Is it worth it?
Much better to get a propane one instead.
Gas generates heat 5-8x more efficiently than electricity.

Is it worth it compared to what? A gas dryer or hanging on the line? And what are your variables? Are you plumbed for gas and/or have available electric outlets. Are you on solar power or just Helco? Give us more details if you want a more relevant answer.
I've got plenty of solar power and no helco. My question was more about are these things even worth acquiring. Do they even dry well? Does 1200-1400 watts even do the job? Propane is always an answer, but free power is well, free...
My clothes out on the line don't seem to be drying today.
don't seem to be drying today.

Do you have metal poles to support the clothesline? Are they tall enough and well grounded, to attract a lightning bolt for the high voltage "instant dry" setting?

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
i'm on solar, and use a propane dryer. works great for me. i also have a covered clothesline in my carport that comes in handy quite often.
Been using propane here for several years. Works well.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
So nobody here has tried the 110v method? Online reviews are mixed.