Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOVE FTTP Service
Hawaiian Telcom is wiring HOVE with fiber-optic cables to selected parts of the subdivision. I don't know the exact of the service footprint, but I know it will be live in late November. I've read on here that HawTel is running fiber in Fern Forest? Is this true
Per a Telcom rep giving presentations on this: Telcom is, in fact, running FTTP in the subdivisions. Paid for by Federal ConnectAmerica grant, so skipping anywhere that already has Spectrum; densely-populated areas will come later.

No information on pricing or services offered.
They’ve been wiring Orchidland extensively too

Editing to add that according to regulatory contacts in Honolulu, Hawaiian Tel has not yet applied for franchise/authority to provide TV service on the Big Island, so I assume the new service will initially be limited to internet access and telecom.
A little bird told me:

$30 50 megabit,

$60 300 megabit,

$100 1000 megabit.

No data limits.

And yet they seem unable to complete any service upgrades in Leilani...
TV will come later, but as IP-based "over the top" instead of the "conventional" cable used on Oahu.
Meanwhile in lower HPP.....still no cable (been calling and waiting for 27 years) or Hawaiian Tel internet (called last week...no plans to upgrade my street) available on my dead end street.
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

A little bird told me:

$30 50 megabit,

$60 300 megabit,

$100 1000 megabit.

No data limits.

Introductory prices? Or will I be getting more speed for less money (?!) Sign me up.
I know someone who lives in Hawaii Ranchos, which is makai of Hawaii Ocean View Estates, was able to schedule a FTTP installation date for this new service. It will be in about two weeks HawTel will install it. He's going for 1Gbps service tier, which is about 100.00 a month.