Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Hillerman R.I.P.
Magnum P.I. actor John Hillerman, who played Jonathan Quayle Higgins III, major domo at Robin's Nest, and friend of Thomas Magnum has passed away.

I always enjoyed watching him play the ever so proper, retired English military officer with a stiff upper lip, in marked contrast to Magnum's laid back and improvisational approach to the world. It may even be a small part of the reason I moved to Hawaii.

Aloha John, may you rest in peace. There will be no more guarding rare vintages in the wine cellar. No more finding dents on the red Ferrari.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Sorry to hear it. That was a great character, the perfect foil to Magnum PI. He had a long career and was in a lot of great features. Very good actor.
One of the funniest scenes I remember with Hillerman (what he heck is that sound Higgins is making?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH-kS3J8Jds
That's parrot talk for "Go away, Beakface!"
Sort of sounded like a drunken "tweeeeeet, tweeeet!!!" That was a memorable send off for Mr Hillerman, terracore...may he RIP.