Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Geiger counter?
Is the OP a troll?

I can't tell if serious or not.
Aloha Wahine

In my late teens and twenties I worked as a Health Physics "Rent-a-Tech" for various companies that provided temporary (months, sometimes a year or more) help during refueling and/or repair outages. So, get ready for a long list. In chronological order: DC Cook, Three Mile Island, Oyster Creek, Arkansas Nuclear One, Hatch, Palisades, Salem, McGuire, North Anna, Crystal River, Oconee, Turkey Point. I think that's all of them. Then I landed a job at national lab and stayed put. Cue Johnny Cash: I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE, MAN, I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE...
quote:
Originally posted by Lodestone

Aloha Wahine

In my late teens and twenties I worked as a Health Physics "Rent-a-Tech" for various companies that provided temporary (months, sometimes a year or more) help during refueling and/or repair outages. So, get ready for a long list. In chronological order: DC Cook, Three Mile Island, Oyster Creek, Arkansas Nuclear One, Hatch, Palisades, Salem, McGuire, North Anna, Crystal River, Oconee, Turkey Point. I think that's all of them. Then I landed a job at national lab and stayed put. Cue Johnny Cash: I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE, MAN, I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE...

Aloha Lodestone,

I do NDT analysis at various nuclear plants (SG and BOP work) and also on Navy subs and aircraft carriers. Here's my list in no particular order: Diablo Canyon, SONGS, Palo Verde, Wolf Creek, South Texas, Ginna, North Anna, Oconee, St Lucie, Turkey Point, Sequoyah, Beaver Valley, Calvert Cliffs, Shearon Harris, Catawba, Vogtle, ANO, Fermi, Point Beach, Maine Yankee, Millstone, Waterford, Prairie Island, McGuire, Indian Point, Watts Bar (just came back from there), Bruce, OPG, and Ringhals. Whew...

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
Data:

https://www.epa.gov/radnet/radnet-air-data-honolulu-hi

https://radwatch.berkeley.edu/airsampling

(UC Berkeley can’t spell temperature above Temp/Barometric graph, where’s my red pen)
Wao nahele wahine, you've got me beat. Keep wearing those face pumps and anti-Cs when ya got to and watch out for the zoomies and badnasties (do they still say things like that?)
quote:
Originally posted by Lodestone

Wao nahele wahine, you've got me beat. Keep wearing those face pumps and anti-Cs when ya got to and watch out for the zoomies and badnasties (do they still say things like that?)

Yes, they do...along with some things I best not be stating here...lol.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
NDT = non-destructive testing? Just curious in case it means something else (I can think of a number of things it could stand for when it comes to nuclear stuff).
It's used in the airline industry.The only radiation in use when I was working was xray.
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

NDT = non-destructive testing? Just curious in case it means something else (I can think of a number of things it could stand for when it comes to nuclear stuff).

You are correct, Tom. The non-destructive method I am certified for is Electromagnetic Testing (ET), which is also referred to as eddy current testing. I used to also acquire UT data when I was starting out in the biz back in the mid-80's. I have been an ET analyst for 25 years now.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
I know a little about eddy current testing, but just enough to know how it works and what it can do. Thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated!