Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leilani Estates Hostage/Murder/Shooting
Looks like the pooh hit the fan again in Leilani. Neighbors are saying two dead. You guys have any info?
Media release:

Hawai#699;i Police are investigating an ongoing hostage incident in the Leilani Estates subdivision in Puna.

This morning at about 5:40 a.m., Puna District Patrol Officers responded to a call of a shooting on Nohea Street. A 25-year-old male victim was located shot several times about his body. That male victim was then transported to Hilo Medical Center where he remains in stable condition.

The suspect in this shooting was then located at a residence on Leilani Boulevard where he barricaded himself inside. This incident is currently being investigated as a hostage situation, and the Hawai#699;i Police Department Special Response Team and Crisis Negotiators are on the scene.

The suspect, in this case, is believed to be armed with a firearm.

Leilani Boulevard between Highway 130 and Hapuu Street remains closed and neighboring residents have been asked to evacuate. Police ask that members of the public avoid the area for their safety as well as that of the first responders in the area.
Coco wireless says wife and kids made it out okay, only one body that we know of...
The one that happened a year or more ago in Leilani seems to have faded away. John Hoffman I believe was the perp. He said some crazy things and then nothing more was aired about the case.
This one is Pau, folks. One subject in custody, film at 11.
Film at 3pm:

http://www.kitv.com/story/37101953/polic...on-in-puna

Police say at around 5:40 a.m., officers responded to a call of a shooting on Nohea Street. A 25-year-old man was found shot several times. The man was taken to Hilo Medical Center where he remains in stable condition.

The suspect was found at a residence on Leilani Avenue where he barricaded himself in the home.

Leilani Ave. is closed between Route 130 and Hapuu Street. The suspect was believed to be armed with a firearm.

A neighbor says he heard about 15 gun shots go off at around 5:45 a.m.

"I've been hearing a lot of yelling and screaming. There were a couple times, neighbors and I walked out together and were shooed back to our homes by HPD. At one point, we did hear somebody closer to 1:30 a.m. screaming and yelling, 'That's my dad. That's my husband. Don't shoot him. Don't shoot him' and it was just complete insanity," said Charles Magee.