Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUNA KIDNAPPING suspect vehicle #HCD-702
Most of these people arrested for crimes in Puna are (repeat) offenders. addressing the real issue.. and fix the problems that cause the "condition", is a better solution.

God forbid.. we as a society raise our children to a higher standard, than what some seem to top out at.
There are some root causes for crime: poverty, poor schooling. There is also this one: Crime Pays.
"Crime pays."

This is especially true when there are no consequences.

On a related note, I have been pondering how the victim of this episode managed to avoid arrest despite the fact that the police knew she had outstanding warrants for a serious crime, auto theft, and despite the fact that they also knew exactly where she was, in the hospital. Yet they couldn't bring themselves to arrest her. Perhaps they thought being whomped up the side of the head with a tire iron and thrown in the trunk of a car was sufficient "consequences." The scary part is, that this actually makes more sense than a lot of other things about crime and punishment around here.
Do you think she will testify against the people who did this I dont think so she will still be running from the law. So they walk free. Lucky they are in jail for something else

jrw
jrw
quote:
Originally posted by MarkD

But #3, incapacitation, is very effective.

No doubt, and I'm in favor of it, but alas lobotomies are not legal anymore.

Incarceration? Well, for violent crimes such as these, I don't see any alternatives at this time.