Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missile attacks as an excuse to raise future taxes
Fallout can travel... hurricanes.

If Oahu is the presumed prime nuclear target, almost no fallout will hit any of the other islands.
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Hurricanes kill almost no one, most injuries or fatalities take place when someone goes outside in the midst of the storm. Stay inside any existing building and you're relatively safe.

Recycle Puna. Humans, although probably not you personally, have already left 400,000 pounds of trash on the moon. - YouTube's Half As Interesting
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Bill 2582 is a no brainer and will certainly pass.

The other one requiring all state buildings, such as schools, constructed in the future to have a radiation shelter room may not make it.
Probably wouldn't be too much of an extra expense though.
"Probably wouldn't be too much of an extra expense though."

I wouldn't count on that. The greedy and/or crooked Hawaii contractors will find a way to beef up the cost all out of proportion to either the benefit or the quality of the protection.
Fortunately we have real-world data we can look at: how much did the new Tsunami Safe Room requirement add to construction costs?

Just scale by square footage, then multiply by a factor of 5 (bid price) to 8 (cost as built after contract dispute, change order, weather delays that could not possibly have been predicted).