Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti TMT Propaganda and SB3090 - social media war
Don't worry all, it's good for some politicians and others who are riding the ignorance to make a living
and grow their power, instead of doing something for the common good.
Agree with Eric1600 @ 19:45:37 03/14/2018.
Feels like dark times in Paradise and the world.
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

Moral of the story: religion is full of outdated disgusting beliefs and lies. Yet even in this day and age of science and information, the mentally feeble are still influenced by it.

Amen!
The problem for the TMT folks isn't primarily the religious argument; it is the environmentalist one. These folks are infinitely harder to deal with.

Environmentalists have a massively expansive agenda. (One of my objections is their persistent blocking of coastal recreation projects by claiming harm to shoreline ecosystems.)

Re Mauna Kea, it is easy for them to document environmental harm. Any building or road construction anywhere impacts the environment.

Environmentalist concerns + native Hawaiian sentiments on sacredness of Mauna Kea = Difficult to dismiss objections to further development on the mountain.

(Sometimes environmentalists are content to stay in the background on these issues. Make no mistake; they are there.)
The problem for the TMT folks isn't primarily the religious argument; it is the environmentalist one.

I think the problem is really lack of clear leadership from State.
I agree Kalakoa, they are "giving them an opening" and legitimizing their bogus claims by even entertaining them publicly.

They should have required input in writing, and then responded in the footnotes with "frivolous and not backed up by fact".

We do need a well edited propaganda piece to back the UH/science side of the argument though. I would do it if I had the proper equipment, but my current (power sipping) PC is barely more than a netbook.
legitimizing their bogus claims by even entertaining them publicly

The claims don't even have to be legitimate to "win by delay".
"win by delay"

They all receive the coveted "Tonya Harding Trophy," for victory by doing nothing, other than knee-capping their opponent.

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves