Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectrum & Aloha Broadband Down
According to Big Island News, apparently fiber optic line was severed somewhere in Puna. Someone on FB suggested in meantime using your phone as a hotspot.

Had to figure out on my iPhone: Settings>Personal Hotspot>on>copy down password and follow directions. I used wifi choice. Make sure wifi on.

No news on when it'll be fixed.

It's apparently affecting TV, internet, and phone.
My Hawaiian TelCom fiber is still working in Eden Roc. I can see through my camera system. There is some blue sky and weak sunshine.
Apparently a wide load carrying a bulldozer knocked out the lines near Keaau middle School. All Spectrum services knocked out for HPP and other areas. They are splicing lines according to someone on Facebook. Services went out at 11:30 am. This is not Hawaiian Telcom. Just Spectrum and Aloha ( which feeds off of Spectrum). TV, internet, and phone.
From bigislandnow.com 9pm:
"-
BREAKING NEWS
Fiber Line in Puna Severed
MARCH 15, 2018 09:00 PM HST
It has been reported to Big Island Now, that the Spectrum Networks Operations Center is reporting a fiber optic line in the Puna area may have been severed.

The fiber line went down at 11:26 a.m. (HST) according to network sensors.

The break in the fiber has been located and they are prioritizing which circuits to repair first. Still no known repair time.

Fiber optic cable repairs began at 5:00 pm. Due to the complexity of fiber optic splicing, repair time still cannot be determined.

More information to come as it becomes available.
Did the trucker have to pay for the repairs? Or was he “forgiven” and the cost simply passed on to Spectrum’s customers?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Spectrum customer service told us they estimated 1500 people were affected. As far as I know all of HPP was out so I think that's a big underestimate!
Why did it take 6 hours to even start working on it, then another 6 hours to fix it? They didn't know. Came back on at 12:30 am or so.
I heard Beaches was out as well.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Why did it take 6 hours to even start working on it...?

Spectrum was probably waiting for all 1500 customers to unplug their modems from the power source, wait for one minute, then plug it back in (is it working now?), before conclusively determining the problem wasn't with the customer's equipment.

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves