Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Telcom Fiber-Optic Cable Service Issues
I've heard Hawaiian Telcom is having issues with their fiber-optic cable service in HOVE in Ka'u. The service has been down, or had degraded service as of late. The inclement weather is cited as a reason on their technical support line, which doesn't make any sense since the cabling is shielded from the elements. Is anyone in Puna
having similar issues.
I live in Eden Roc are Hawaiian Tele fiber optical is working just fine it was nice to have internet during the rain satellite internet would been out we live with that for years.

jrw
jrw
I found out that Hawaiian Telcom will be pushing new firmware to the CPE ONT's in Hawaiian Ocean View Estates. This will hopefully resolve the degraded service issue problem that has lingered in this area for the past several weeks.
I have had 2 issues in 3 months. On the bright side the first issue (no internet) had a tech at my front door within 2 hours and the second issue, a phone issue which didn't require a visit was fixed with a day. I give them credit for trying.
That is great service. When our DSL went out the "soonest" they could dispatch was about 2 weeks if I recall correctly. But they never sent anybody. On the day the tech was supposed to come, he called me and said that my port had been reassigned to somebody else and it was just a software issue to fix it. I called the billing number to complain and request a $ credit for the losing a half month of service. They promised I would get credited but the credit on my bill was like 31 cents. Wasn't worth the time to complain about it again so I cut my losses and reminded myself how lucky I was to have something other than the $300/month verizon internet we had previously.

ETA: grammar
Hawaiian Telcom pushed a FTTP ONT firmware update recently that solved degraded service issue subscribers in HOVE were experiencing.