Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honolulu to new scooter business - Bow down
send them a picture of your driver's license

Mostly to keep kids from renting the things.

Portion of Hawaii’s drinking water that comes from underground wells : 9/10
Gallons of raw sewage that leak into the ground from Hawaii cesspools each day : 53,000,000 - Harper's Index
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
App? My Motorola cell does phone calls. Period. Well, it can take pictures, but I can't do anything with them. I"m old school.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/san-franc...00501.html

Snipped from the article:

"...The city's Municipal Transportation Agency has posted its permit application for companies wanting to operate e-scooters under a one-year pilot program and accompanying law, signalling that the two-wheelers need to leave the streets until services obtain permits. The firms have until June 4th to remove their scooters without facing impounding and fines (up to $100 per scooter), and have to submit their permit applications by June 7th. No more than five companies will operate at the same time during the pilot period.

Companies have to pay the SFMTA $5,000 to apply, and $25,000 per year to keep their permits going. They also have to pour $10,000 into a maintenance fund that will cover public property damage and storage for wayward scooters. To no one's surprise, any company found operating without a permit will automatically be denied a chance at a permit..."
A proportional fund to cover damages sounds reasonable. The rest is just a shakedown. Stop stifling innovation Hawaii, you'll get more taxes in the long run.
We saw on one of the NHK news feeds a week or two ago - that NYC and SF Cali has sent them a cease and desist letters as they never pulled proper permits to operate in those two cities .Now in Tokyo same thing - same company causing many problems .Not just Hawaii the State but also Toronto Canada and Paris France according to the NHK news feed.
Mrs.Mimosa