Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiz: Test your knowledge about 'waste-to-energy'
Good catch Damon, I should have said! We used Wheelabrator shot blaster for pavement lines, and HEPA vacuum to strip 10 miles of paint lines and replace.
The Wheelabrator didn't miss a lick of paint or release a whisp of dust! We accumulated 20, 55 gal drums of waste!
That was 8 years ago, haven't heard or seen em since, but if I needed it I'd go there again!
Gordon J Tilley
quote:
Originally posted by gtill

Good catch Damon, I should have said! We used Wheelabrator shot blaster for pavement lines, and HEPA vacuum to strip 10 miles of paint lines and replace.
The Wheelabrator didn't miss a lick of paint or release a whisp of dust! We accumulated 20, 55 gal drums of waste!
That was 8 years ago, haven't heard or seen em since, but if I needed it I'd go there again!

I get it GTILL ... *edit*

You are talking about this Wheelabrator

And everyone on the Big Island is This one

I all of a sudden feel really stupid[B)]
gtill, the fiction writer,

"substance!"
Google Wheelabrator OR Waste Management Inc, fraud, felony, violation, etc. There are convictions and adverse findings abundant.

"exact specs of the last years emissions"
My problem with the PGV Manager was his lack of knowledge about his unit cost of production. Nothing about emissions (you do know the difference?).

"survey now"
The request was for an electronic copy of survey instrument, framing sample, and raw data, and the request was not made at a public hearing. As a professional researcher, my request was standard and nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone who knows about conducting survey research knows that. The denial for information from Wheelabrator was said to be because it is "proprietary" -- nothing to do with "now" since I did not insist on "now".

"heard from people who took the survey, it was done fairly by their experience"
It was pure push polling according to people I talked directly with, and posted that at hunterbishop.com.

"...grant help, you are going to begin production of an entire new agriculture enterprise in exactly 2012"
Wrong again. There is no "grant help" -- ZERO. In fact, OUR $$ donated to UH Foundation have helped cover costs for purchase of oil palm trees well beyond what we are purchasing.

"ask about African Snails?"
Sure, I asked about GIANT Snails. Gardeners and farmers ask and talk to each other all the time. It is a friendly thing to do -- friendly, you know what I mean?

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
quote:
Originally posted by james weatherford

gtill, the fiction writer,

...Nothing about emissions (you do know the difference?)....

Come on Dr. W your asking awfully tough questions now [Wink]

Referring to PGV @ council meeting, "the manager of PGV did a brief description of the plantSadbtw) his knowledge of geothermal, including emissions from his own facility appeared absmyal!" Your Statement Doc! (Posted 12/11/2007)
Nothing on costs, their pay is set by oil price,by HELCO! They did however set aside monies for for possible calamity, which you don't think should be maintained. (this was in response to Damons Snafu letter same thread). Remember Damon!! (12/11/2007)
Your statements against Wheelabrator involved you asking him (as #15 at the hearing) for a complete documentation of the sampling survey. You had no documented anything against them, just a hot tounge and a DR label. Plus a lot of vitriol as if they're some ogres, lets hear some facts!
Gordon J Tilley
gtill,
you seem to have found that I did raise an issue about PGV emissions. fair enough. So, the man didn't know enough about both emissions and unit costs. He would come to do a presentation to a Council meeting and not even have prepared with such basic information? In my 30 years of professional work, anybody who did that was considered inept.

However, the first time I asked Mr. Ristau, of Wheelabrator, for the information to validate his survey was on March 11 in Keauhou after the Council's Finance Committee.
If I mentioned it at the public hearing, it was in the context of their not being trustworthy, which, I stand by.
Over the past two years I have submitted plenty of testimony to Council about the criminal and unethical behavior of Waste Management, Inc and its wholly owned subsidiary, Wheelabrator Technologies, Inc -- go look at the testimony, it'd do you good to read all of it.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
gtill - what Dr. W said was posted here and I believe he was addressing something that I wrote in reference to Yagong, and just using the PGV guy as an example of things on a whole.

Why are "they" going to be conducting the studies? And why are "they" going to be the ones that will determine the results? Sure seems like it will be slanted? [Sad!]

It sure seems they are pushing the county around.

Within the first six months, Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. would find out how much Hawaii Electric Light Co. will pay for energy produced by burning what is now being dumped into the Hilo landfill. The company would also tell the county how much it must pay to build and operate the plant.

During the final three months, Wheelabrator would reveal information needed to determine how the facility would affect the aina.
With six months time, Damon and DrW should have (through Punaweb) amassed enough evidence of these criminal companies past history of squanderig funds @ pillaging entire villages rendering them uninhabitable!
I think some evidence of somthing substancial should be forthcoming one way or another(crooks or not)! A performance bond should certainly be in place!
I also think a lot of your enthusiasm for recycling is rembered from towns where door to door P/U is happening, we're too spread out, and with our rainfall, it will be funky!
Nelha or South Point would be better locations however!
Gordon J Tilley
quote:
Originally posted by gtill

With six months time, Damon and DrW should have (through Punaweb) amassed enough evidence of these criminal companies past history of squanderig funds @ pillaging entire villages rendering them uninhabitable!
Why six months? Why not this weeks news [Big Grin]