Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Wireless Alert Test, Wednesday, Oct 3rd
"The test message was originally scheduled for 2:18 p.m. New York time on Thursday but is being pushed back to the same time on Oct. 3 because of the continuing response to Hurricane Florence, FEMA said in a statement."
------------
added the relevant info from the article TomK posted...
On Wed, Oct 3rd you will receive an alert on your cell phone at 8:18 AM (rescheduled from a planned earlier, then canceled test)

The message will show up on cell phones with the header:

“Presidential Alert”
“THIS IS A TEST of the Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Show of hands: who else didn't get the Presidential Alert?
Got mine.
On Total Wireless (Verizon network)

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
odd. my cell phone with a sim card didnt get one, but my other cell phone with no sim card (on wifi) got the alert.

I have a sudden craving for popcorn..
No alert on my phone (Galaxy 7 on ATT). Do you think it was also sent to Alaska and Puerto Rico, the other 2/3 of the forgotten trilogy?
On Total Wireless (Verizon network)

Interesting that it appears on the MVNO but not (for me) native Verizon.

my other cell phone with no sim card (on wifi) got the alert

Apparently the baseband works without subscriber info...