Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Geothermal Venture sounds
Interesting sounds coming from PGV. Sounds like drilling and its loud.

Anyone have any info
The only info I have:

A few days prior to the other thread popping up, (the one about solar farms) I was listening to Hawaii Public radio and it was an interview with a man representing HELCO. He was talking the solar farms that were going to be developed.
At some point the interviewer ask the HELCO rep about PGV. They were talking about how HELCO doesn't have as much electricity available because the geothermal is down. He said: "PGV is working on getting the plant back up and running again but we don't know exactly when."
Did they get permission from Civil Defense to traverse the flow field?
Interesting sounds coming from PGV. Sounds like drilling and its loud.
-------
Call them and ask. Possibly removing the recent lava over a couple of the well pads.
There has been a fair amount of helicopter activity there and boy whatever they are putting there is heavy. Those helicopters are definitely under load

Now the drilling sounds. Im guessing they are in the process of reopening.
From October 5th (although things could have changed in the meantime):

No work on restoring Puna Geothermal Venture can begin until at least Dec. 1 after Gov. David Ige extended his emergency proclamation for the fourth time earlier this week.

PGV spokesman Mike Kaleikini said the facility remains inaccessible after lava from the lower Puna eruption buried all access routes to the plant earlier this year.

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...rk-on-pgv/
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
No work on restoring Puna Geothermal Venture can begin until at least Dec. 1

Good thing we have rules and laws. For everyone.