Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daylight Savings Time Changes Sunday 11/4
Daylight Savings Time ends in most areas on the mainland this Sunday morning, November 4th at 2 AM.

The time difference between Hawaii and the west coast will then be 2 hours instead of 3 hours. For live TV events like NFL football, the start time will be an hour later, 8 AM rather than 7 AM.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Celebrate with a visit to the new Keaau Long's.
When does it open? Or did it already?
I use to hate Daylight Savings Time. I would set my alarm for 2:00 am to get up and set my clock back an hour when the time changes and an hour later the alarm is going off again! I don’t sleep all night [Big Grin]
When does it open? Or did it already?

It opened a couple weeks ago.

Though visiting the store seems an anticlimactic way to celebrate anything
Keaau Longs? Setting your alarm clock?

Come on people, think Big!
This is an opportunity to move beyond, and outside of the space-time continuum.

On Saturday night at 11 PM, call a friend (a really good friend who won’t mind hearing from you in the middle of the night) and ask them the time. If they're on the west coast they’ll tell you it’s 2 AM. Remind them to set their clocks back as Daylight Savings Time has ended. Then call again in 10 minutes, ask the time - - it’s now 1:10 AM - - AND YOU HAVE TRAVELED BACK IN TIME!!!

Don’t stop at this basic understanding of the general concept, go farther, continue making phone calls from west to east across time zones, as long as necessary until you are back at the era you wish to reach.

For instance - call Pearl Harbor at 6 AM on December 7th, 1941. Ask for Lieutenant General Walter Short, and do not hang up until you get through.

You’re welcome.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves