Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Assault" rat bait local availability?
After years of success with "Just One Bite" rat bait, they seem less interested in the bait. It seems to be just as effective as it ever was, but that doesn't matter much if they don't want to eat it.

I bought a small batch of "Assault" brand rat bait from an eBay merchant and not only do the rats love it, but it contains ingredients that 1) Stop them from feeding when they have a lethal dose 2) Makes it unpalatable to most non-target species 3) Is water/mold resistant 4) Less dangerous for bird predators 4) Knocks the population down FAST.

Unfortunately, a product this effective has a price to match. Was wondering if anybody locally sold it? I emailed BEI but haven't heard back yet. Couldn't find an email for CPS but I'll ask next time I'm there getting Siesta.

Cps is now nutrien Ag solutions.

935-7191

Terracore you might want to check out Tomcat bait chunx with bromethalin. Don't try the one not with bromethalin - not effective. My rats prefer it, but will take Just One Bite. They wouldn't take 2 or 3 others I tried. Ace has the best price locally. I buy a 4# bucket on line.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
Our cat that adopted us as a kitten has become quite a ratter. Also kills mice, sometimes a lizard or bird. My daughter has been using peanut butter in her rat trap with success too.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
I second the peanut butter method. My husband has been using it these past three nights and it works every time.
allensyles. The problem they don't tell you about Tomcat is that there is no antidote. If a pet eats a lot there is nothing the vet can do.

Laura
Laura
Killed four rats this month. I’m going to rename my place Hamelin....
Puna: Our roosters crow first