Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Thieves
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Island

its not actual edits. The system is motion based. When it senses motion, it records for a specified amount of time. The editing your seeing is where it stopped recording after 5 seconds of not detecting motion and resumes when motion is again detected. Those are all the recorded segments.

I finally got a chance to see the setup you've undertaken. From some of the stuff on the site... it's enough to make me want to become a Spy.

Thanks for clarifying on the Motion Sensor's.

While were talking about editing video footage... check this Kobe video.

I guess a combination between good neighbors, a few dogs, some cameras, a gun, a fence and everything else, I would hope people would also understand that "Paranoia will destroy Yah"

Quite frankly if someone wants to steal from you...they will find a way to do it. [xx(]
-------
The more we speak up... the more they will listen.
If you go on Ebay you can get 7mm or 9mm security film for a great price. It takes your windows out of the equation for thieves. It will also help with hurricanes and earthquakes.

I hate that due to thieves, people are running out to get dogs and it seems the more the better. We have such a dog issue here on the BI. MANY people that get dogs don't contain them in any way so they become a neighborhood issue. Between the constant barking and property damage I cringe every time I see a notice for free dogs. I have shoes and gloves hauled off the lanai, garden ripped up, trash can totally destroyed, dog crap everywhere, MANY sleepless nights, I get chased while out for a walk (I always carry pepper spray now and use it), and MANY days where the dogs get so loud it sounds like a huge dog kennel surrounding my house. And the worst part about it, I DON'T OWN A DOG. Please if you get a dog for security, get it fixed so we don't end up with more feral dogs, get it licensed so it doesn't appear to be a feral dog, get it trained so it doesn't bark all day at a leaf moving and PLEASE build a fence or chain it on a dog run so it doesn't become everyone else's problem. I have tried talking to neighbors about their dogs and get the FU response. I'm not in Puna (im in Ocean View) however these dogs affect the entire island
Ohh Boy... Dont get me started on the loose dog situation... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUu6P9M4nY
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Island

Ohh Boy... Dont get me started on the loose dog situation... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUu6P9M4nY

Having a child that is about the age to start learning to ride a bike...this video scared me thousands times more then the Big Bulla guy checking out your gate.

I'm going to start another thread because of the emotions I'm going through right now.[}Smile]

-------
The more we speak up... the more they will listen.
anyone find a good way to upgrade existing locks on sliding glass doors or secure them in another way? We have two sliding glass doors as our only access to the house. The locking sets ups that come with these doors are garbage. Any ideas?
I have a friend in MN, he has a sign on his gate:
"LICENSED SNAKE FARM
PLEASE DON'T STEP ON THE SNAKES!"
His house has never been broken into. [Smile]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

it might scare me if it were a different kind of dog, but it's a border collie. It's herding, not attacking.

I certainly agree with the sentiment though.
quote:
Originally posted by Greta

it might scare me if it were a different kind of dog, but it's a border collie. It's herding, not attacking.

I certainly agree with the sentiment though.

Your KIDDING! [Sad]
ANY DOG CHASING ANYBODY FOR ANY REASON IS WRONG! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S A MINIATURE POODLE. [xx(]
Especially, for someone on a bike. Especially, a child - who might have ZERO experience about what a @#$%(fill in with whatever tickles your fancy) border collie is or does. [Sad!]

Oh! Sentiment - what sentiment are you agreeing to? [?]
Sorry, to hear your child was tramautized by a barking, chasing(herding) dog.
Glad, they didn't hit a tree, fall in a ditch, crash and break something - cut something.
Confused, that you would be upset with a dumb animal following it's natural instincts.

O.K. my RANT has subsided! [}Smile] [Wink]
Breathe - Candle - Hot tub - Ocean - Listen! [Smile]