Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Airport Parking
I see they recently raised the monthly parking at the airport from 70 to 90 dollars a month! That is aboit a 30 per cent increase!

I am not real happy.

Mac nut
*cough*
I'm assuming you must be employed around there?

Be lucky you are not paying what people on Oahu are paying on average for parking.... at least $150.00 - $200.00 depending on which building you work in.

That makes someone who makes 40,000 a year... actually drop down to 37,600 on just parking alone! [Sad]

No worries... Big Island will soon feel the crunch that we are on Oahu... It's just a matter of time.

Sad when people on Oahu have to pay more to park their car from 8-5 then some people have to pay for rent on the big island.

-------
The more we speak up... the more they will listen.
Apparently the Hilo Airport no longer sells monthly parking permits. Does anyone have any ideas where to leave a car when off the island for a month or so? Airport rates now $9/day, so $270 a bit prohibitive.

Find someone who would like a car under their carport to make their house seem occupied when they are off island.
John Maloney
johnmaloney3@me.com
Hawaii Architect AR8082

Ric,

Why not find a friend to drive you to the airport or take a taxi/limo service?

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
a bit off topic: but, people on o'ahu also pay more for their car registration. renee just paid app. $80 less in hilo than what she would have paid on o'ahu.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james