Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's responsible here?
"They also refrain from taking legal action because they don't want to poison the relationship, right? At least they're not wasting time talking to Ige or Kim?"

The problems of litigation have already been discussed in the current TMT thread. I suggest you read it. And frankly, you have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes and I am not going to answer your leading questions.
quote:
Originally posted by Frank

quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Protesters are not requesting shutting down the entire mauna...at this time

And we should consider what the protestors request because they are in charge of what exactly? Representing verified numbers of how many in which group of Native Hawaiians? They gained their position and the power which comes with it by what process? First come first served?

how about...The Hawaiians OWN the land!

eta...bold by me

Care to back up your belief?

quote:
Prior to the 1848 division of land known as the Great M#257;hele, during the reign of Kamehameha III, all land in Hawaii was owned by the monarchy. The Great M#257;hele subdivided the land among the monarchy, the government, and private ownership by tenants living on the land. What was reserved for the monarchy became known as the Crown Lands of Hawaii.[139] When Hawaii was annexed, the Crown Lands were seized by the United States government.

1848 made "created the crown" lands what eventually get referred to as "ceded lands"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lili%CA%BBuokalani
quote:
Lili#699;uokalani v. the United States

In 1909, Lili#699;uokalani brought an unsuccessful lawsuit against the United States under the Fifth Amendment seeking the return of the Hawaiian Crown Lands.[134] The US courts invoked an 1864 Kingdom Supreme Court decision over a case involving the Dowager Queen Emma and Kamehameha V, using it against her. In this decision the courts found that the Crown Lands were not necessarily the private possession of the monarch in the strictest sense of the term.[149]

https://books.google.com/books?id=XiuKJC5Izb0C&pg=PA161#v=onepage&q&f=false

Basically the Hawaii supreme court (during Hawaii kingdom law) in 1865 ruled that "the lands belonged to the office not the individual" /

The supreme court was asked to weight in in 1909 and said, "in 1865 by its own legislation determined ... The royal private domain had become public land, not private and as public land it was ceded to the United States upon annexation.

Basically ceded lands = public lands for all Hawaii citizens, not just those of a certain DNA.
you have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes

You are correct: I do not. However, any plan (secret or otherwise) will require that all parties involved agree on a "court of competent jurisdiction", which agreement is somewhere between unlikely and impossible. Good luck.

Maybe it really is time for "the rest of us" to just go back where we came from.
I been on vacation for awhile and now reading this thread so sorry it's from the first page but wanted to reply to this:

I grew up in the south and remember the racists with the flags on the back of their jacked up trucks, they were dangerous people. Why on earth are they imitating the confederate fanatics?

Do you really think that some of these types doing this are intelligent enough to know the connotations or undercurrent implication of doing this and if they did know do you think they care about it one bit?

#limited scope #only their world matters.