Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Kim's Secret Plan For Mauna Kea
Harry Kim has a plan to end the Mauna Kea standoff, more like a lengthy proposal. He may reveal it by the end of this week, or later. Stay tuned. He said once the proposal is announced it will conclude his job as mediator. I'm not sure a take it or leave approach will be successful at this point, but who knows? Or could he mean someone else will then take over negotiations?

Having been tasked with finding common ground between TMT opponents and supporters by Gov. David Ige, Kim has held several meetings with Hawaiian community leaders, some in support and some in opposition to the telescope.

Kim said the results of those meetings, as well as his decades of experience with the community, will culminate in a lengthy proposal that will enumerate what the state must change in order to move forward with the TMT project. That proposal, he said, might be completed later this week, and will conclude his work as Ige’s mediator.

https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2019/09/...9ebef385bb
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
He wants to use Hawaii Five-O to arrest Aquaman and The Rock.
Harry Kim’s proposal so far:

Big Island Mayor Harry Kim is proposing a long-range Mauna Kea management plan that would transfer governance of the mountain away from the university.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/09/11...na-kea-uh/
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
So the protesters won't budge, but we'll make concessions anyway...

Just throw the road blockers in jail and build the telescope.
..."will culminate in a lengthy proposal that will enumerate what the state must change in order to move forward..."

Sounds like excessive use of words. Maybe they heard wrong...
How many times does Harry have to be told that there will be no compromise. Building the telescope is not negotiable according to the protesters. Get on with building it and send in the Guard to secure the road

Oh, Lord, Kimbaya