Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heco raising rates again
Today's TH: Extra extra, HELCO hearing on rate raises! "We need em!" And notice the concern about future Bio-fuel platations also being fixed to oil price! Any protected commodity is a goldmine for investors, and the reason why those so invested should be suspect when they rant against new solutions which would compete with their baby! DrW's palm oil plan!
Gordon J Tilley
The rate increase should be conditioned upon investment in alternative energy sources on the islands.
quote:
Originally posted by Hotzcatz

I think Kauai is separate from HECO, but I'm not 100% certain of that. Kauai is pretty isolationist even from the other islands so it wouldn't be surprising they aren't part of the same electric consortium.

You are so right! - http://www.kiuc.coop/about_kiuchistoryfinal.htm

The only possible real help we could have is from Geothermal, the rest are expensive and intermittant! But even they can't help if HELCO, a for profit company runs the works!

You will hear the same people who are waiting for their chance at the pie (set oil prices) putting PGV down, either for emissions or just being a "corp"! I guess if I was waiting for a windfall fortune guaranteed, I wouldn't like competition either! Be it rubbish controls or geothermal! By the time the first palm oil harvest comes through , the price will be at least 6$ per gal, then they can move to North Kohala and a real ranch!

I think the prices here are approaching terminal for a lot of people! The island has been on a boom cycle for awhile now, and is rapidly turning down! Only an entirely new approach to energy would help the people!

That would be geothermal, which can cover the Island! And as it stretches out, establish underground conduits for utilities! Then promote use of electric vehicles! whatever solar and wind or whatever other sources could co exist at the going price! The stationarys could be phased out, with some as backup!

Back in 2000, everyone said a for profit Electric co will hurt the people, we are proving it! Dan Inouye we need protection from the monopoly HELCO, and need a co-op like Kauai, only in synch with PGV!
Gordon J Tilley