Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Island BBQ food truck
Texas Island BBQ food truck... at the Pahoa propane lot next to the Thai truck. We ate there today for the first time.

I gotta say.... wasn't impressed.

I ordered the beef brisket with two sides (I chose coleslaw and baked beans).

Beef was okay, tender and moist, but with an uninspired bland flavor. BBQ sauce on beef was underwhelming. Baked beans were equally dull, if they weren't from a can... I've had better from a can. The coleslaw was a crazy mix of contrasting flavors, I am a cilantro FIEND but it didn't work in their coleslaw. Price: $15.00

Wife had the pork ribs. She was equally unimpressed, add the word "dry" to the description. The best part of her meal was one of her sides, 1/2 corn on the cob dripping in butter. I can't remember the price but about the same.

We had high expectations and considering the price- $30 for two meals served in plastic to-go containers at a food truck; we're in no rush to go back.

with an uninspired bland flavor

Finally, some diversity in local bland food.
I've never been impressed with Texas Q.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Could be home cooking from back home. Luquin's is like that but it is changing.
I don't like most BBQ and don't eat it.
oh i'd pay good money for some southern style bbq. the only place i've found that is even close is the Fish and the Hog in Waimea.
Only good bbq I’ve had on the island is Sumthing Different food truck in Mountain View on Saturdays. Omg, the best.