Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HPP road fees
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

$5,000 each from everyone in HPP.

Pave the roads.If you don't want to face the fact that it's going to require something like that then quit complaining.

This is exactly where the lack of democracy comes in. The fixed income people that your going to put on the street might want to have a word with you. After already paying for a road their going to get
quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

$5,000 each from everyone in HPP.

Pave the roads.If you don't want to face the fact that it's going to require something like that then quit complaining.

This is exactly where the lack of democracy comes in. The fixed income people that your going to put on the street might want to have a word with you. After already paying for a road their going to get

I understand that but evidenced by these never ending HPP topics,most people don't understand the reality of it all.
After making the bond payment, there is not enough money left to pave much. I will take about 80 years at the current pace.

I'm ok with that because I bought on the dead end side of Makuu very close to Makuu.

Here is the part that most don't seem to understand. The bond payments are like an out of control truck rolling down hill.

Here is the current payment schedule.This was taken from the recently released Independent Auditors report. It was available from the office. I don't know what kind of arrangement needs to be made to get one now.

Year ending June 30

2020 $835,000
2021 $885,000
2022 $945,000
2023 $1,005,000
2024 $1,065,000
Thereafter $2,570,000

Do you see that less and less will be left to maintain the road leaving very little to continue with new paving.

The most cost effective way to get the roads in better condition was to continue chip and seal.A chip and seal road is much easier to maintain than a dirt one.
The last roads that were chip and sealed were being destroyed by people in HPP who were unhappy with chip and seal.A new chip and seal job is susceptible to damage when it is new and people were spinning their tires, doing burnouts and swerving back and forth to damage the roads.

Finally here is a statement from the audit:

If additional funds are needed, the Association has the right,subject to board approval to increase regular assessment or levy special or it may delay major repairs and replacements until funds are available.

I have said my piece. I'm tired of the name calling and trying to guess who I am.

I will no longer post on any HPP board topics. My only intent has been to point out that Mermaid has only been posting one side of the story.