Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mice/Mouse Control Questions
aloha all,

don't know what they recommend for "bait" in the trap damon, but i've had alot of luck with peanut butter. doesn't tend to smell bad either...good luck! have fun with the live mice! [Smile]
Yep, Peanut Butter!
Don't poison if you have any deep hiding places like double wall or a closed ceiling! Makes em easy to find though!
Gordon J Tilley
quote:
Originally posted by Little Bill

Damon, give this trap a try, guaranteed results and you can make it yourself. You will need an empty 5 gallon bucket (no lid), an empty beer can [Smile], a straightened out wire clothes hanger, and about 1-1/2 gallons of water. Take an ice pick and make a small hole ( in the very center) of the top and the bottom of the can. Make a small hole, on opposite sides of the bucket, very near the top ( about 1 inch down). Take your wire and insert it into one of the holes in the bucket, then through the can and out the other side of the bucket. Position the can in the center of the bucket and wrap some tape around the wire, on either side of the can, to keep it in place. The can should spin freely on the wire.
Now you are ready. Pour in the water, smear some peanut butter around the can and position a ramp to the top of the bucket.
The vermin will go up the ramp, jump onto the can, and of course fall into the water [xx(]. All you have to do is pour and flush.
Bill

Little -

I made a trap just as you described.

Will give you details on the results in the next few days. I like the idea and it sure beats the cost of "Pahoa Hardwares" mice traps.

P.S. Did you ever live in Woodinville or coach at Woodinville?

-------
Moved