Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii telcom internet down?
Is anybody else having an internet outage?  Usually I just wait and it comes back but its been a few hours so I tried calling tech support and the hold time is over 2 hours so I got on list for call back.
Update. The Orchidland FB group users all reporting no internet, I got ahold of Hawaiiantel and they were not aware of any outage and are dispatching a technician next Thursday but "may move that up" if a larger outage is confirmed.
Been good here in lower Leilani, except that we had a brief power outage about 11am. Internet stayed up - I use a UPS on the router and other network devices. I did notice that Verizon cell tower must have went down as well though.
Update 2: Internet still down. Social media reporting that there unexplained clusters of outages all over the state. The tech I spoke to said they have no idea if an individual's internet is working or not and if internet is out one needs to call to get service restored.

Some of our neighbors have internet and some do not. It doesn't appear to be related to a typical equipment failure that causes everybody downstream of it to be affected.
Seems to be OK in Eden Roc.
Back up at my house. Glad I didn't have to wait until next Thursday.
Tried making a call from my cell to my house land line at 10:15 am. Got a recording that said all circuits are busy. Tried again 30 minutes later and same thing. I could make calls everywhere else just not from cell to home. Home phone was working and could make outgoing calls.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!