Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Realtor Recommendation
The only person I will deal with anymore is Grace Reinhard (gracereinhard @hawaiilife.com). Shes with Hawaii Life now but is familiar with the area, works for you to find the best piece of property.

Now I have purchased a few pieces of property and sold some, Most agents you may come across are usually not very quick to respond, care nothing other than just making a sale.  You wont find that with Grace.

You give her a list of what your looking for, your budget, and can find and tell you about the areas that your looking at purchasing. I really cant recommend her enough.
Thanks to all who helped. Think we are on the right track now.

Stay safe
We love Felicia Frazer-Harms at Hilo Bay Realty. Super responsive, helpful, patient
, knows the area.
Keep in mind real estate agents work for THEMSELVES. Your satisfaction with the experience is incidental.
I’ve had experience with quite a few agents here over the last twelve years, buying and selling properties.
If you keep this one fact in mind over everything else and can work with it, you *should* at least have a small chance with being satisfied.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
So Alohano, who did you wind up going with?

I'm thinking about making a lowball offer on an adjacent property and since I only need a paper donkey for a realtor am considering using one that offers a kickback. Does anybody have a suggestion for such?
Hi TC

We will be using Kevin Lewis to help us find a property ( Read as, write our offer.)

I am a retired real estate brokerage owner. We had 3 offices and about 60 agents at our peak. We focused on training and customer/client retention. I understand that many people want to move to Hawaii, but few actually have the intention. We used some qualifying questions to help determine the motivation and seriousness of the buyers we dealt with. The agents that care about the client and transaction were always the ones cashing commission checks. I don’t know if it is the same way there as where I am but in my experience 10% of the agents earn 90% of the commissions.

Thanks again to all that have taken the time to respond and share their opinions. I am sure I will be asking many more questions to the Puna Web family. Rob, thanks for a great resource!