Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What products have you noticed.......
.......have gone up the most in cost? Food is very generic. We have noticed some items seem cheaper while tomatoes are through the roof. Just curious of what others are seeing in and around Hilo.
toilet paper
Lumber.
Gasoline has gone up quite a bit from last year.
Livestock feed, when we can get it. Property taxes. Anything that goes into, or on, a vehicle. Meat, especially beef.
Overcharging at Safeway makes me thankful for KTA. Watch like a hawk ring up higher than advertised prices at Safeway. Don't argue with the cashier. It's not their fault. Maybe kick the machine. I told the cashier it's a corporate conspiracy and she laughed.
I can't afford anything at Safeway unless it's on sale. Prices on almost everything is cheaper at the orchidland general store. I think people are lured to Safeway by sales, gas points, and other gimmicks. Great looking produce too, if one can afford it.

Walmart recently lowered the cost of some meats from what the price was last time I was there. The bacon is back down to about $5/pound and a 5# chub of frozen hamburger is about $13.
That hamburger seemed to have pretty high fat and water content. It really lit up my grill!
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Yes, it's 27% fat. It makes good burgers.
Homes, land and rent.