Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pig carcass disposal
Two days ago someone dumped a pig carcass at the corner of Auli'i and 40th in Orchidland.  I'm hoping someone on this thread can help point me in the right direction of how to get it removed.

So far I've - left messages on the OLE community association contact # ( I'm not on Facebook to contact them that way).  There has been      
                  no response.
               -  called the non-emergency police number as recommended on the OLE web page.
               -  called the County Dept of Health because of all the rats chewing on the carcass.

Is there any other place I can/should call ?  I'm not able to move it myself due to its size - looks like about 50 lbs or so.
I think you're supposed to dump some lime on it and cover with a tarp. It's a "privately owned" road, don't expect any help from County or State.

Make sure to put up a sign like they do in Hawaiian Acres: "NO DUMPING PIG PARTS"
My next door neighbor told me that when her husband shot a couple of pigs on their property they called the zoo. They came and took it away as meat for their animals. This was awhile ago.
Fresh pig, sure, feed it to the lions and tigers (or whatever predator they have). After a couple of days I'd imagine you'd have a hard time convincing a vulture to eat it.

The sad truth is it's so horrible after a day post mortem that nobody wants to go near it. If I were in the habit of pig hunting I'd have a funeral pyre ready for the carcass.
have a funeral pyre ready

That would require a permit!