Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
EA shouldn’t affect Puna buyout program
(10-26-2021, 06:14 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: I wonder if the geothermal people are having a voice in that.

I wonder if having your home and property buried under 50 feet of lava isn't a bigger problem than occasional steam from PGV.  But sure, let's keep pointing the finger at a rare local source of something we on Big Island consume and don't have to import, that's renewable to boot.
Not sure where you figured I was poking fingers.
You would hard pressed to find a competent lawyer in Hawaii willing to take on the County in a takings lawsuit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the lack of 'sunshine' during this process - where is the unused money that was given by the Feds to rebuild our roads going?

According to the County - "FEMA funds not used for restoring particular infrastructure will be used to support alternate projects in Puna"  - Douglas Le

No transparency on what exactly those "alternative projects" are.  What could possibly be a better usage of FEMA money than allowing residents to access their land?