Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Speed Internet in Fern Acres
Thanks eh Bob, and I have DSL, duh. Now if they bring in cable tv on phone line, eliminate the RR line.
Gordon J Tilley
Messages from the Fern Acres board in August, 2006:

Initially cable was installed up Plumeria to a cable company managers
residence. Since then it has also been brought up Puhala and Lehua 1 mile at the persistence of a resident in the first block. Their criteria to my understanding is to have 34 legal permitted residences per mile to make the extension viable for the company. At the rate new homes are going in there should not be a problem meeting the 34 permitted homes per mile. You may want to contact the cable company to confirm this and if they want association representation or authorization; then if necessary drop a line at the office to obtain an authorization letter as was done with William Brown on Lehua to get his cable there.

Your other option is to go wireless with satellite but read all of the small print on this type of agreement with the satellite company so you do not get surprised later. Examples are termination fees etc.or so I have heard.

Jim

In addition I was told from Oceanic Cable that the cable on Plumeria goes to pole 91. I went and looked for myself and it looks like they are correct. Don't always trust what Oceanic says on the phone because many times you get customer service on Oahu, and they really don't know what is going on here on the BI.

Kevin
Thanks again for all the info. I'm an out of work electrician so I went and checked to see how far away it was from my house. I found out it was 3 and 1/2 blocks away. Thats only 9 poles. I hope thats not to far for them to pull it down to me. I am going insane. Have you ever tried to look for a job on a 56k modem? It seems like I can click on something go take a shower and still have to wait 5 minutes for it to pull up. But I am not complaining. Small price to pay for paradise. Mahalo to all the responded.