Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Not Call List
Here is the website to register....https://www.donotcall.gov/
We took it one step further. We took out our land line phone. Internet is wireless as is our cell phones which we keep turned off until we need to call someone or check our messages once a day. Telemarketers don't leave messages.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Telemarketers don't leave messages.

Generally,yes.But sometimes they do-personal experience.
The only drawback to being entirely wireless is the dependence on cell towers in an emergency with a power outage. Land lines using non-wireless handsets are powered over the line and all phone companies use a UPS system to insure the lines have power.

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
Screw the "Do Not Call List" [Big Grin] People are allowed to call random numbers all they want! [Wink] Seriously folks... The Do Not Call List is a Joke!!! I signed up for it nearly 4 years ago and it didn't stop nothing.

But how is this proposed law: BANNING THE DELIVERY OF PHONE BOOKS!

Several states are considering legislation that would in one way or another limit the delivery of phone books, though none of the bills passed this year. A proposal in Hawaii would require prior written authorization from residents before leaving books on their doorsteps.

We kill so many trees with these big bulky phone books that get changed every year.

People... we don't need phone books... honestly![Big Grin]

(HIP - Hijack In Progress) sorry Nancy
[:o)]

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
quote:
...People... we don't need phone books... honestly![Big Grin]
[size=1]

I do ..... in my car.... because I am technically challenged and refuse to pay $1.99 on my cell for DA.
"(HIP - Hijack In Progress) sorry Nancy "

Haha....no problem.....but I disagree...I do use the phonebook and had a business at one time that depended totally on the phonebook listing.....but ended my business also when they put in the wrong number one year. Oh well, as it turned out, started a much better business that lasted 35 years and is still going with our kids.