Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contractors and Gig Workers East Side
One of the most striking things I have noticed since moving here 3 years ago is the difficult process of dealing with trade workers. In my previous state, I had one plumber for 9 years, one handyman for 6 or 7 years, one AC person for 10 years, and one painter for 4 years... People loved working for me because they never had to chase their money. Since moving here, anything from roofers to plumber and contractors have been extremely difficult to build relationships with. We even tried to get our septic drained and the contractor talked us out of it even though we agreed to his price.

Right now I need:

• Plumber
  • Electrician
  • Drywall Expert
  • Painter

I need stuff all the time, but it seems like such a challenge to find people. Also, I have been scammed twice and am constantly worried about upsetting people that do sketchy work because we "live on an island." What I mean by scammed is, we agree on a job and a price, and the price always seems to change from the original agreed price and twice people charged me for work that didn't resolve the issue I called about. I never experienced this on the mainland and I had several rental properties that were routinely needing work done. I also seem to find people who will tell you that they can do a job but they are totally not qualified.

Is it just me?
It might have changed on the mainland too since the pandemic. Here, we've had a ton of people moving and building and everyone is busy. For reliable work try Royal Electric (982-6269) and Pro Plumbing (987-4474). Not cheap but good and they've both been here for a long time.
Certainty will be the death of us.