Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Self Storage breaking ground
Some might remember the re-zoning battle on Hwy. 130 early last year. A mainland corporation was seeking a commercial rezoning on the highway for a self storage facility. It was opposed by Mainstreet Pahoa Assoc. and a number of others - especially those involved on the Puna Community Development Plan (PCDP). It was supported by our newly elected council member Emily Naeole. The commercial rezoning application was ultimately turned down at council by a one vote majority. Dominic Yagong turned the tide for us.

So the wheel turns and ground is now breaking for a new self sorage facility which will be locally owned and placed on Pahoa Village Road - off the highway. This was accomplished with a Special Use Permit which was supported by Mainstreet Pahoa Assoc. and others. Those those in need of such a facility will soon have one it seems.

Mahalo to all those who opposed the Hwy. 130 application last year. The current project is in the right place at the right time and is locally owned.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Where on Village Road?
The grading is beginning at this time. The location is adjacent to Rock Solid Ministries of Puna. This is between the Pahoa Auto Parts and Pahoa Feed & Fertilizer.

Punaweb moderator
Any word on when it might be available?
Is this Bob Leach's project? I saw the bulldozers there today.
It is Bob Leetch's project. I have not talked to him recently but as to completion date I would not expect it to be open this year. Could be wrong.

Punaweb moderator