Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blinds/Window Coverings
Does anyone have the best way to get blinds or sun shades with measuring and install?
Curtains are a lot easier to clean than blinds.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(05-05-2023, 04:53 AM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: Curtains are a lot easier to clean than blinds.
Yeah but not a fan. So nobody has done anything like that here? I know sun shades are a risque concept.
By sun shades, do you mean awnings on the outside of the house?
We ordered our wooden blinds online. Sorry, I donʻt remember who the vendor was. They give you explicit instructions on how to measure. Installation was easy once we figured out the first one.
Certainty will be the death of us.
I kept hitting the WE DON'T SHIP TO HAWAII wall when trying to order something. Didn't want anything fancy or custom, just something that fit. I had given up looking several times because it was a low priority and my window being an odd size made finding something off the shelf difficult. Then for some reason I gave eBay a try and one of the listings was for my window size and free shipping. I had low expectations but the blinds that arrived were good quality and fit perfectly even after the USPS destroyed and partially taped back together the sturdy box they were shipped in.
I got some from American Blinds. They were kind of expensive, but they worked for me. It is DIY though.
Yes by sun shades I mean inside the house, but they are sometimes like "black out" shades where it lets in zero light. It is the same concept as blinds. I have a few windows that just let in too much sun in the morning.
Home Depot has cut to fit blinds and shades in stock in Hilo.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/StyleWell-Cu.../319875639