Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hawaiian Islands, Either Rising Or Sinking
The evolving Hawaiian Islands, nice drawing of the island chain showing how much is beneath the surface of the Pacific.

When Lo’ihi rises from the sea, it will most likely combine with Kilauea (which, in theory, will be considerably larger by then) to become the sixth peak on Hawai’i’s biggest island. That won’t happen quickly, though; it’ll probably take 50,000 years or more.

https://hasanjasim.online/the-underwater...9l3Hj_At7o
I thought it was interesting during the 2018 eruption that we saw magma flowing from Kilauea in the direction of Lo'ihi. I'll see if I can find the post in the next few days. IIRC it was soon after the big earthquake on May 4th, 2018.
ALWAYS sinking... Very FAST!

this image of Maui Nui shows you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maui_Nui#/...reakup.svg

not long ago Maui Nui was larger than the Big Island is today...
the oldest Hawaiian Island is Kure, it also was far larger than the Big Island...
today Kure is the largest and most northern atoll on Earth, it is 33 Mil yrs old.

the oldest Hawaiian islands are underwater sea mounts near Alaska,.......they are 80 Mil yrs old.
the reason they went under water was because the plate tectonic fault goes N-NW... if the fault went E-W we'd have hundreds of high Islands in the Hawaiian chain... they disappear when the islands reach the 'Darwin Point' in the ocean where water becomes too cold for coral to grow at the same rate as island/atoll sinks. thus they sink under forever.

these Hawaiian Islands are always moving at the same rate as your finger nail grows.. about 2" per yr....

humans have been in Hawaii for about 1,200 yrs ....
so they have been here for only 1/60,000th the time these Hawaiian Islands have existed....

NOT indigenous because the people you see here today are NOT descended from the original settlers from Nuku Hiva, they are descended from the 2nd invader kine from Tahiti BoraBora area a few hundred yrs later.

the first people here from Nuku Hiva/Marquesas were then called 'Manahune' (w/ a's) by the 2nd Tahiti kine invaders...
Manahune in old Tahitian means 'small worthless person' iow a SLAVE...
the first haole here ie Cook Clarke Vancouver King Bligh etc. mistranslated this as a 'small person in stature', elf-kine, brownie-like...
thus the lame stupid menehune fable rubbish still persists today...
I think you misunderstand the concept of global climate change causing sea level change with the history of who inhabited Hawaii. They are not causal.
tom-tom ...just info so tards no ask retarded Qs daily kook..
iow Owhyhee is one of a couple places on Earth where sea leave rise is VERY VERY VERY irrelevant
Owhyhee is one of a couple places on Earth where sea leave rise is VERY VERY VERY irrelevant

In what universe do you reside Olohana?
(02-08-2024, 11:22 PM)Olohana 1790 Wrote: tom-tom ...just info so tards no ask retarded Qs daily kook..
iow Owhyhee is one of a couple places on Earth where sea leave rise is VERY VERY VERY irrelevant

OK, whatever you say, if anyone can understand it. What you seem to be saying is that climate-driven sea level changes are a real threat only "Owhyhee" and one other unnamed place are irrelevant.
(06-03-2023, 10:20 PM)TomK Wrote: I thought it was interesting during the 2018 eruption that we saw magma flowing from Kilauea in the direction of Lo'ihi. I'll see if I can find the post in the next few days. IIRC it was soon after the big earthquake on May 4th, 2018.

Lo`ihi is South of Kilauea. The lava flowed almost due East in 2018, following the EAST Rift Zone.
(02-12-2024, 02:16 PM)leilanidude Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 10:20 PM)TomK Wrote: I thought it was interesting during the 2018 eruption that we saw magma flowing from Kilauea in the direction of Lo'ihi. I'll see if I can find the post in the next few days. IIRC it was soon after the big earthquake on May 4th, 2018.

Lo`ihi is South of Kilauea. The lava flowed almost due East in 2018, following the EAST Rift Zone.

I said magma, not lava. During the 2018 eruption, a series of earthquakes suggested magma movement directly south towards Lo'ihi. I can find that post if you want to argue this.