Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democracy in action
I just wanted to express my thanks to Rob Tucker for the discussion going on over on the "Big Island Elections 2008" group of threads. I'm deeply impressed with the dialogue among the PunaWebbers, the participation from several of the candidates or their staffers, and the focus on issues (mostly). Thomas Jefferson would be proud. I don't know how many forums there are of this kind and quality, but I sure don't have one like it here where I live in SoCal.

I'm learning by leaps and bounds about issues which I'm not yet able to vote on. Larger issues than post-in-pier construction, or how to keep algae out of the koi pond. Thank you, Rob, again.

P.S. I posted this here in "A Punaweb Forum" so as not to detract from the discussion there. Frivolous and gratuitous moderator-groveling should not be allowed in a serious political discussion.[8D]

Here, it's okay.

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)
Surely you're NOT suggesting that THIS part of the Punaweb is frivolous and/or gratuitous, or has anything close to resembling moderator-groveling, says she with tongue in cheek. [Big Grin][Wink][:o)] Now maybe I'll pop on over to the politics area for a serious discussion[Wink]

Laurel
Us?? Frivalous??? hahahahahaha[:o)]