Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Margarita on the Island
My wife's birthday is tomorrow and she loves Margarita's and Mexican food in that order. So I wanted to take her to the best restaurant on the island for Mexican food that makes "real" Margarita's ( with lime juice...not that high fructose syrup mix,  and served in a Margarita glass...not a plastic cup or a water glass).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Someday....

I vote for homemade. Get her a really nice glass margarita glass of her own, all the fixins, and make her one with love, at home. As strong as she wants with her choice of tequila, as salty, as much lime, as much Triple Sec. :-P

Homemade is best! <3

Besides one from the Punaweb Bar and Grill...coming soon to a dream near you. :-D

P.S. Happy Birthday to the missus!
Okay so I couldn't resist chiming in on this one.
Until the Punaweb Cantina becomes reality...

Imo best tequila available round these parts for the money: Cazadores Reposado (available at Longs and Malama ($) Pahoa)

Best ever homemade mix I learned from an American cave explorer while traveling in Mexico:

Combine 
Juice of 12 limes (the kind with green flesh available at Pahoa natch)
Two lemons
One orange

Boil equal parts white sugar and water (1-2 cups each is a generous amount) for 2 minutes and cool completely. 

Add the sugar syrup to the juice mixture in small increments just until it tastes right to you.

Salt the glass rims, mix it up with the tequila and ice and enjoy!

Maybe check out some Rick Bayless for Mexican pupus on YouTube.

Purists say just use tequila, lime juice and Cointreau or, my preference, Grand Marnier with ice -  but the juice mix is darn tasty.

¡Feliz cumpleaños a su esposa!
For those interested. We wound up going to Pancho and Lefty's Cantina in Kona. Their Cadillac Margarita's were great and in the proper glass. The Molcajetes were fantastic!! We'll be returning soon.

https://panchoandleftyskona.com/