Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb
I knew something evil was going to happen when I got up Sunday morning and the dogs were huddled and trembling at the end of the hall instead of barking at the neighbor's Chihuahua like usual. There was dead feeling to the air and the birds were silent. The trades were not blowing despite the Channel 9 weather girl's solemn assurance they would be. Something was HORRIBLY WRONG. What do I do when something feels wrong? Check Punaweb, of course.

Once I realized that Punaweb was off, really off and not just a three minute glitch, I went into a dark room with a red candle, my ju-ju beads, and magic blankie and began rocking back and forth and chanting, "Punaweb gone-gone. Gimme Punaweb back." I told the Bear to check the web every hour on the hour and to let me know when it came back on and to put some bread and water outside the door every eight hours. (The bread and water part was penance for the horrible thing I must have done to make Punaweb go away. I considered fasting, but realized that all the chanting and rocking would require sustenance to be done properly.)

Is it just a coincidence that Madame Pele started a new gush of lava at around the same time Punaweb went off? I think not!! You might say all that ju-ju was crazy, but it worked didn't it? Back on this morning.

Edit: It took me three tries to post this message, so we are not out of the woods just yet. Where is that bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin I have been saving for an emergency?

Cheerfully enjoying my Punaweb fix,
Jerry
I know what you mean Jerry; The dog has come out from under the sofa, the wife is again acknowledging my existence, and the palsied shake in my hands is slowly going away. As long as there's no relapse, I think I may just survive.[:p]

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
I only now just realized that the Tribune no longer even has a forum available.

Guess it's been that long since I started posting over here, instead of there.

-------
It is the way, the way it is
Jerry!
Glen,the greatest,couldn't have said better!
Actually,at first I thought it was his post.May be you guys make a thread where you can do writing marathon or something?