Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Pam Lamont!
Pam ask me to post this for her because Punaweb was down when she had access to the internet.

Made a fun and uneventful but LONG trip from Honolulu through Tokyo, Hong Kong (Overnight at an interesting golf/country club) and then on to Chiang Mai, Thailand where we met up with Theo Lupien and his wife Ang.

Bob found he needed a large amount of dental work himself so it changed our plans a bit. He spent three days in a dental chair while the three of us adventured and shopped.

I now have a motorcycle waiting for me in Chiang Mai where we will transport it to the village next week. There I will be able to get to the school, where I will be the guest teacher/native English speaker for their conversation class. It will be fun. WE purchased 20 Thai/English dictionaries and two scrabble boards for the classroom. A few of the studends have dictionaries but it slows them down a lot to have to share. This should be good for them all.

In the last 24 Hours I have been transported in the back of a pick-up truck, on the back of an elephant through slogging mud, on an overnight train and am now at the Airport in Bangkok to catch a flight to Krabi. From there we will bus it to the port and catch a modified sampan for a 90 minute motoring to Koh Jum, a nice little island paradise in the middle of nowhere.

After 5 days there, it is back to Chiang Mai, more dental work for Bob and me, then off to the Village Huay Mai Hok for a few days. Bob will get to see the housebuilding project we have been working on. I hope to get it finished while I am here. There have been some major snags in my absence.

While in Chiang Mai, we visited the 7 year old blind girl, No To Dah. She is now in a school for the blind an doing very well. It was a big shock for us to arrive there unannounced. She needs a surgical procedure on here eye for a growth there but cost will be covered by the government. WE just have to get her mother to consent and that seems to be a problem. Man the fears of the uneducated sure do get in the way. Still, we will work it out and I will forward photos when I have them.

For now it is off to my flight departure gate. Thank you all for your help keeping things together during our absence.
Feel free to email me at pslamont@yahoo.com. I will be out of touch for the next 5 or 6 days but then will be back online, hopefully with photos to mount on the www.freewebs.com/punachat photogallery.

Aloha and SAWADII-KAA!!

Pam

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Woo hoo, it's all good! Thanks Pam the pictures will be great, we love pictures! Aloha to all your students, they are so lucky to have you. Take care!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA