Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Care Center
Does anyone work at or know of anyone who works at the Life Care Center in Hilo?? Just curious if there are typically nursing jobs open before I get there. They won't even return my calls to Human Resources which is a little scary!!
Thanks, Linda Bowman
I don't but I did have a friend/guest who stayed with me two years ago and put out job apps to several places in Hilo that were advertising positions, and I'm 99% sure that the LCC was one of them. Not a nurse's job, other support staff.

They blew her off, essentially. I really don't know why they did, because she was a neat person with qualifications. Her experience was one where I saw how a newbie to the area can meet a lot of rejection in the job field.

Now I would think a nurse would be a precious commodity here, so I wouldn't give up, but I feel like I should share this person's experience, because she wasn't cold-calling them but rather answering an ad they'd placed in the paper.
They may get a lot of "cold calls" from people off island testing the waters for jobs. In any case, they should at least return the call even if they are not hiring. As Kathy says, it's surprising in a field like nursing, but newcomers often encounter this. Have you tried the Hilo Medical Center? Good luck.

Cheers,
Jerry
I don't understand the attitude of the Hawaiian health care industry towards the newbies. (The other fields, maybe) High turnover throughout the health care industry as a whole is the NORM - on the mainland as well as Hawaii. LOML (Who has been an RN over 25 years and is now in administration says this is standard. Nurses who stay at one job over 5 years are unusual.
Puna: Our roosters crow first