Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Profesional Art Framer
I brought home two large 24 x 36 inch pieces of art that I want framed. Other than the shop in PKP Mall, does anyone have any recommendations? I have very large walls and will be looking to frame them out with very large wood frames, under glass with wide matting...

Thank you in advance...

Pam Lamont
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Are you looking for Professor Art Farmer?

That SOB flunked me in a Microsurgery course once. He said I didn't pay attention and probably needed glasses.
No, I am looking for a person or business to frame some art....

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
McDonnell Frame and Design
Laura McDonnell
The Hilo Ironworks Building
1266 Kamehameha Ave.
935-6050

Beautiful work. Great selection of local woods. Great Prices. At least they were when I saw her booth at a craft fair at the Volcano Community Center. Enough that I inquired about custom work and took her card, but have yet to employ her services. In other words, and in light of all the current hoopla regarding punaweb references, I don't have prior experience with her other than her display at a craft fair. But, as an artist who has been looking for alternatives to what has traditional been available here abouts, I was impressed.
Thank You! That is what I asked for...
I understand it's not so much a recommendation as an identification. It gives me a place to start.

Smile Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Aloha Pam, We had some Japanese woodblock prints framed by Richard Cunningham, at Cunningham Galleries on Piilani in Hilo. We were EXTREMELY satisfied. We thought he was very reasonable, price-wise, and also quite prompt. There was an excellent selection and Richard was very helpful in selecting matting, etc. The selection was not as great as was available in Chicago but Richard has to stock what people will really buy here in Hilo. But as I said, we found a very good selection. We also arranged for Richard to come and hang all of our artwork here, particularly because we have a lot and were concerned that it stay on the walls in the event of an earthquake. Or at least have a better chance of doing so than if we were to hang things ourselves. Richard was very nice to work with. We recommend him highly.
While I've never seen any of his framing work... I have seen pictures of JWFITZ's house and I think he could take on a small project like this for minimal fee.

-------
Glob
Pictures Plus in Prince Kuhio Plaza 959-6500

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".