“When you have come to the edge of all the light you have
And step into the darkness of the unknown
Believe that one of the two will happen to you
Either you'll find something solid to stand on
Or you'll be taught how to fly!”

Richard Bach
"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
I seem to remember seeing them at Ace...

We did not find the traps of much use when we lived in outside Chicago. The ONLY way we kept the buggers at bay was to seal ALL grain items in tight container. This will at least keep the bugs you bring home localized to the food that you bought that had been infested (we found that certain stores & certain grains had the highest potential for pantry moths... looking at bagged items, you can often find tell tale round holes, a little larger than a pin prick... the most commonly infested were pet foods, barley, rice & bean mixes, but found the little buggers in everything from cake mix to water biscuits (in the tin cans!)

Good luck!

I don't know where you can buy them on the island, but you can buy the traps online. Pahoa Harware should have them though. They are light weight so postage should be minimal if you order online. They may help, but there are a few other things you should do if you have an infestation. First is clean out your entire pantry. Wipe down every surface. Second, toss EVERY grain product... flour, rice, corn, cereal, crackers etc. It takes quite a while for the moths to breed and believe me, even when you think something cannot be effected... they can be. If you have a large enough freezer, keep all of your flour, cornmeal and rice in the freezer. If you do not have time to store things in the freezer, at least put them in there for a few days before putting them in your pantry. And as Carey said, also put things in airtight containers and look carefully when you buy things. Hopefully this helps. Anyone know of stores where they have bought infested products? You would only know if you find the grubs or moths within a few days of purchasing, or they could be from somewhere else.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
Don't know about traps but keeping flour and grains in a tight container with a BAY LEAF will keep da critters out