Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The opposite of theft
We were doing a clean up at the Pahoa Skate Park today and I asked the project manager if they have been having any problem with theft of tools or materials.

He said: No. Kind of the opposite. No materials have disappeared and on occasions when the crew, very tired, quit work and left some tools out and about they found that their misplaced tools would reappear at the door of the storage container. Whoever is finding them (skateboarders most likely) are thoughtful enough to place them where the workers can find them.

I thought this observation worth sharing......

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob -
Thanks for sharing. Often times we only hear the bad stuff!

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Nueman
"Vote with your money!"
This is why I love Hawaii.

"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
This could get others to relate instances when we've experienced the unexpected from our fellow man.

My wife and I took a few days during the July 4th weekend to visit Lake Chelan, a major eastern Washington resort. Our room overlooked a shoreline park that was just packed to capacity with people, and the revelry continued well into the evening with boom boxes, Frisbees, volleyball, and swimming in the lake. I'm an early riser, even when I've been up late, so I went out to walk in the park at about 5AM and was just blown away that the entire place was spotless. There was plenty of trash, but it was all in the several garbage containers in the park. This was so different from my expectations that I've related this in several conversations since then.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it was impossible not to notice that the greatest percentage of people celebrating July 4th in that park that day were of Hispanic decent. I've always had a high regard for these good people, and this experience only reinforced that.

Mahalo nui loa,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour

Edited by - fishboy on 09/02/2007 15:30:17
Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
Yes there was defiantly a band of Angels in Puna today! Doing good deeds for their community very INSPIRING!!!! And they even brought their own ONO chili yummy!
Thank you guys! You've restored my waining faith in mankind.Such hard workers!
God Bless you all.

I was with my "new to the island" friend Rube at the post office. She was just signing up for general delivery mail. She came out to the truck and out came running the postmistress.... "Rube, you left this behind in the lobby area". It was her fancy and expensive cell phone. Rube was taken aback. On the mainland, it would have been gone in a heartbeat, and the only question would be whether the person behind her in line or the postal worker grabbed it first. I LOVE HAWAII, and PUNA is the best.

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
John and I came out to our car at the mall after a movie and discovered we had left the lights on...dead battery, and it was 9:30 at night. We walked over to Walmart to buy a battery...they didn't have the one for our car. So we bought some battery cables in hope someone would give us a jump. On the way out, we were discussing what we should do and the lady that works at walmart said "I get off at 10 o'clock and I will be right over there to give you a jump". We thanked her and went back to our car and lifted the lid...one of the security guards came to us and said "here, let me give you a jump". Now our battery was dead, dead. So after a few minutes, our lady from walmart showed up, and the security guard and she waited till the battery charged up enough which was a good 20 minutes and that we could be on our way. Maybe a small thing to many folks but such a life saver to us at the time. Just random acts of kindness from total strangers to total strangers. And thats what I call Aloha. May we all not be too busy to show little acts of kindness when the situation presents itself. It may be for someone else this time, but us next time.

While on a trip to New Zealand, I bought a small lapel angel made of bakers dough, with tiny lace wings. Where ever I wore that angel friends loved it.

I called the boutique in NZ, they were so surprised to get a call from the USofA really blew them away! So I ordered a dozen little pins and gave them my credit card number. Approximately 3 weeks later I received a small box with the pins worth over $150.00, in the box was a letter telling me that they did not have MC privileges so would I just drop them a money order! It made my day it made my week and my month, that someone half a world away had trust in me. I went to a San Francisco international bank and ordered that money order and sent it off the next day with a lovely letter telling them how wonderful it is to be trusted, a stranger so far away.

The movie "Pay It Forward", gave me the same feeling of awe, treating each other like we all count, like there is a purpose to be kind, much like Royal's sign off what goes around comes around (motto of the Hell's Angles motorcycle club for one, LOL). I believe it is true, and in the few cases where it isn't it make those few cases so much easier to ignore and move along.

The respect, the recognition of the human experience of each of us, is the feeling that makes me love Hawaii and the Puna.

Oh one more thing, no one cares if you wear make up or your cloths match either! So refreshing, so freeing, so marvelous.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA